You are here: Home > Projects > > Skills for Families Evaluation (Completed)
version ] [ Back ]
|Skills for Families Evaluation (Completed)|
| Project description:
- Extending and embedding Family LLN within their local infrastructures
- Developing and testing a range of delivery models for learners and approaches to teacher training and capacity building
- Raising the profile of FLLN and disseminating effective practice.
The role of the consultant has been key in:
- Extending and embedding FLLN within their local infrastructures by forming strategic connections with pre and post 16 institutions as well as voluntary agencies and local authorities
- Developing and testing a range of delivery models to reach and engage a wide range of parents and children in order to help them to improve their literacy, language and numeracy skills
- Developing and testing approaches to teacher training and capacity building for schools and other organisations working with families locally. However, there was limited impact in working with partners to mainstream FLLN in teacher education and qualifications at a more strategic level - as this needs to be tackled nationally.
- Raising the profile of FLLN and disseminating effective practice through capacity building and dissemination events
- Consultants were concerned about the extent to which they could extend and embed FLLN in the time provided, and believed that the joined-up provision that they had enabled might fracture without a long-term financial commitment to this intervention.